Peshtemal Turkish towel with geometric pattern, cotton
Peshtemal, a multipurpose hand-loomed towel, is the most important piece of the Turkish bath (hammam) ritual.
What is the difference between a fouta and a peshtemal? Peshtemal is from Turkey whereas fouta is mostly from Tunisia. They serve the same purpose but peshtemal is made of Turkish cotton which is a premium type of cotton with long fibers that opens up with use and becomes more absorbent over time.
Hammam bathers use Turkish peshtemal towels to wrap around their body before, after and even during the Turkish bath! Peshtemal's high absorbency and lightweight provide a better alternative to terry towels since it dries faster and is easier to wrap around.
- Made of 100% cotton for the bath, the spa, the gym, the boat and the beach
- Lightweight and ideal for travel
- Coloured geometric pattern (can also be used on reverse side)
- Highly absorbent
- 90 x 160 cm (35.4" x 63")
- Machine washable at 40°C, iron on high temperature, tumble dry low, do not dry clean, do not bleach